This is prescribed to empty the lower bowel prior to surgery. You should administer the enema at home the evening before your scheduled surgery.
- Twist and pull the seal off the nozzle.
- Squeeze the tube slightly so that a drop of Microlax smears the tip and thus makes insertion easier.
- Insert the nozzle fully into the rectum.
- Squeeze out the contents fully by squeezing the shoulder of the tube.
- Keeping the tube squeezed tightly, withdraw the nozzle. Administer the contents of one tube rectally as a single dose.
This is prescribed if we just need the lower bowel to be empty. The nursing staff on admission will administer this.